Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The PR Student


My name is Kate Hanley.  I am a junior at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater.  I am planning on graduating in December 2012 with a degree in public relations and advertising.  When I graduate I want to move to a big city.   I would love to work in downtown Los Angeles because I love warm weather.  I have lived in the midwest my entire life and have never been a fan of the snow and cold weather.  If I couldn’t work out there I would love to work downtown Chicago.  I grew out in the suburbs of Chicago and I adore the city.  I would love to do public relations for a sports team.  I have always been involved in sports in some way in my life.  I would prefer to do work with either a soccer or a hockey team.   I love all sorts of sports but those two are by far my favorite.  Along with a career in public relations I want to incorporate advertising.  I really appreciate the artistic aspect of advertising.  I enjoy working with advertisements because it’s a fun way to get creative.  I feel as though I can let my mind wander to come up with ideas.  I can not wait to graduate and be able to start out my career in public relations and advertising. 

1 comment:

  1. Kate -
    What a coincidence! I am also getting a degree in PR and advertising. Wisconsin is a horrendous place to live if you don't like cold weather! I'm not a big fan of it that much, but I do enjoy how beautiful it gets here at certain times of the year (even in winter). I wanted to ask you what is your favorite program to use when you design ads that you make?

    ReplyDelete